Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Lemon Cookies

These cookies are a family favorite in my family! My dad has entered these lemon cookies into our county fair 3 years in a row and has won 1st place every time! Our family especially loves this cookie because we use the lemons from our meyer lemon tree which we say makes them taste even better! with all that said lets make some cookies!

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
Instructions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients except flour until well blended.

On low speed, beat in flour just until blended. Flour WILL get everywhere as you can see on the mixer.


Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Optional step is to sprinkle cookies with sugar or almonds.



Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute before removing to wire rack to cool completely.


Enjoy!


Recipe from Allrecipes.com 
Original media

8 comments:


  1. Wow!! These look really good. I am thinking about trying them. Nice visuals!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica, these cookies look so good! I like you used original media, and all of the pictures are cute, and go well with the text of the post. It is also very cool that you are able to use the lemons from your own tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika, interesting recipe! I am not sure if it is just me, but I have never heard of lemon cookies, however your post is very compelling, so I might just have to try this recipe out! Keep the delicious recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erika, these must be the cookies that you were talking about in PE today! I am a HUGE fan of lemon cookies and so I definitely need to try out this recipe. I did not know that your family was so into baking; that's really neat. Cannot wait to read more in the future! I love your blog name by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, I am definitely going to make these as soon as i get a chance. I think the original pictures were very helpful. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erika, these cookies look amazing!! I was so impressed by the amount of imagery you provided for the readers! It was really nice having so many visuals, especially for a cooking blog. I definitely think you should make some and bring them into class sometime soon... just saying. Overall, awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erika, these cookies sound so good! I'm definitely going to make these soon and great use of original images, they will definitely help while actually making the cookies, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erika this recipe sounds scrumptious! And that is very cool that you won the fair cookie competition!I will definitely have to give these a try!!

    ReplyDelete